Peter A Turner Writer and Raconteur

Friday, September 29, 2017

Cliches, Typos, Etc

I rec'd the paperback version of my book "Da Nang Damned!"and it was exciting to up the package and see my book in print! I immediately opened it up and began flipping pages. One of the things I noticed was usually at the end of one or two sentences there would be a question mark inside a box. At first I had no idea what it meant and was upset. I had edited the book many times & had it reviewed by a proofreader. I probably could of had it edited or proofread again, but decided if I strived for perfection, the book would never get published.

With all the steps to getting a book from Word to Amazon's format. It's possible something in the file got corrupted. But more likely Amazon is questioning my use of a word or my grammar. So I'm going to go back to the original manuscript and make corrections and download a new document. Hopefully that will take care of the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment