Peter A Turner Writer and Raconteur

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

WHY I WRITE WHAT I WRITE

As I mentioned before "Da Nang Damned!" is my first book. Why did I write a book about Vietnam and the effects the war had on guys who fought in 'Nam'. Well the answer is simple. I write about things I know something about and experienced, at least to some degree.

I did spend nine lovely months is the heat, rain, mud & blood on that wonderful tropical paradise from January 1968 to September 1968. I was a member of a U.S. Navy Seabee (Mobile Construction Battalion). Lastly I was born and raised in New England and lived for four years in Conway, NH.

I'm always amazed at writers who can create a whole world of fantasy, strange worlds, beings and super powers. I write and hopefully will continue to write about things I'm familiar with and hopefully my readers will enjoy the authenticity it brings to my novels.

Also as a reader of novels I personally like reading about characters and events that have a little realism. Characters who have similar problems, challenges and issues that most of us have and putting them in situations that could happen to me makes for a great read.

That doesn't mean I don't enjoy and appreciate fantasy. I do! It just the direction I want to go in my writing is towards realistic everyday people dealing with realistic situations. As a student of history I try to weave historic events into my novels.

My next pots will look into my characters. Thanks for reading and enjoy!

Here's a link to my book: Da Nang Damned!

If you purchase a book please leave a review.

By the way a dollar of each sale of Da Nang Damned! goes to the Carroll County Veterans Independence Project. VIP currently is negotiating the purchase of an old Army Reserve Bldg. Plans are to turn it into a homeless shelter and training facilities for veterans.


No comments:

Post a Comment