Peter A Turner Writer and Raconteur

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog "Writer and Raconteur" I chose that title because it more closely identifies with my style of writing and my personality. You see I think of myself more as a story teller (Raconteur) than a writer. Let me tell you writing is hard work! Being a Raconteur is easy, at least for me. Now being a good Raconteur is an art and skill that if you're serious about story telling & writing takes practice and dedication.

For example, I'm known as some one with a quick, sometimes biting and a great sense of humor. Quick with a joke or story. But writing! Man it has taking me nearly 50 yrs to write my book "Da Nang Damned!"  About 47 years thinking about it and three to finally get it down on paper and then to publish on Amazon Kindle. Okay maybe it was laziness, something I'm known for or just being unsure of my ability to write. I guess you'll be the judge. Below I have provided a link to my Kindle page and I'd love to hear your comments.

So the point/goal of this blog is to offer my experiences writing and to share some insights into my characters and the process of creating a book. I'll also preview new books that I'm working on and no I don't think I have another 50 yrs to write another book!

Finally I hope I'll inspire in some small way your own desire to write. So stay tune!

No comments:

Post a Comment