Peter A Turner Writer and Raconteur

Sunday, June 3, 2018

First Edit of "Death Is Never Pretty!" is Completed

Well, I finished the first editing/proofreading of "Death Is Never Pretty!"  This book is the second in a planned four-book series on Rick O'Neil -Ted Troutman. This book takes place a year or so after the first book "Da Nang Damned!" ended. Ted & Rick are back in North Conway, NH. Ted is facing re-election and trying to decide whether or not he'll run again. Ann, his wife wants him to retire, but a string of events may change the couples retirement plans.

Rick's romance with Sally, the owner of Marge's Diner is heating up and Gunny has a girlfriend. Into this happy situation comes a little girl, Alejandra. She is the victim of human trafficking who escapes and finds herself on Ted's doorsteps. Then there's the murder of Ted's buddy Frank. Ted's finds him face down in the Saco River and what looks like an accidental drowning, soon turns into a murder.

I' m hoping to have the manuscript back from my editor in 10-14 days. Once I have it back and have made the corrections I'd like to send it out to five people, who are willing to read it and give me some constructive feedback. If you are interested in participating let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment